December 12, 2011

Cliff Notes on the last three months...

Clearly, I've been a very busy man as my blog has gone quiet the past couple months.  I wish I had a wonderful excuse, but I don't - nevertheless, I'm back and here's a quick look at what I did this fall.

After my birthday and cousins weekend, I discovered that I love Batman (thanks to my friend Jake).  He had a Batman birthday party and his Mom made some cool capes for us.  Then, I was Batman for Halloween and I even convinced Kate to be Batgirl!  Fast forward to December, and I still wear my costume on a weekly basis...





I played soccer this fall and did much better than last year.  I actually paid attention (mostly).  Practice was the time I really shined - I kicked the ball, ran fast and scored goals.  Come game time, I would rather follow the crowd than actually get in there and kick the ball, but at the end of the season I started to get into the action a bit more.  The best part was getting a snack (and juice box) after every game and my awesome trophy from Coach Bill at the end of the season!




Over Labor Day we went to Chicago to visit my cousins Ada and Elise.  We had so much fun at their house, the zoo, the arboretum and the aquarium!





On the way back home, we stopped at the Mowry Apple Orchard to pick our own apples.  I picked a lot of apples and we even got to eat some when we were out there!




After that, it was back to school time.  I started Kinder Connection this year and my teacher is Miss Beckie.  I'm learning a lot - I can write my name and I'm learning to read.  I can count and I'm learning math (addition and subtraction).  At home, Dad and I do lots of experiments (I like freezing and thawing as well as how oil and water separate).



So, now you are all caught up.  I'll be posting more regularly now, so check back for more updates.  My next post will include some of my school projects, our family pictures and my visit to Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment