September 27, 2010

Officially a Pre-Schooler




Last week marked my first official day of pre-school. I got moved up to Ms. Holly's class at school and I have a lot of new things to learn! We do group time every day, we have show & share on Fridays and I was one of the first kids to be able to take home the share a book backpack! Each kid gets a turn to take home the backpack and read a story from school, write about it or draw a picture and take it back to school and tell our friends about it. I was really excited to have the backpack and I wore it around the house all night. The book we had was "The Little Red Hen" - I thought it was mean that the Hen didn't share the cake with the cat, dog & mouse. I guess I missed the sub-plot about treating other people the way you want to be treated...

We are on week three of soccer practice and I'm now paying attention about 40-50% of the time, which is a big improvement over the 5% in week one. This week we had a man coach and he yelled really loud which I liked, plus we got to kick the ball and then jump on top of it so nobody else would take it. Maybe by week six I will actually learn something about soccer (if I can manage to listen better).

No comments:

Post a Comment